With over 60 Immigration programs to choose from, it is essential to select the immigration category best suited to your needs and skills. We will apply our extensive knowledge of all federal and provincial programs to assess your eligibility against all these streams and provide you with an assessment tailored to your specific situation.
As a permanent resident, you will be granted many rights and privileges that Canadian citizens enjoy:
- Right to live, work and study anywhere in Canada on a permanent basis.
- Right to receive most social benefits.
- Protection under Canadian Law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
However, permanent residents are not allowed to:
- Run for political office.
- Hold some government jobs that require a high level of security clearance.
- Get a passport.
In order to keep your PR status, you must live in Canada for at least two years in a five-year period. If you do not meet this requirement, you may lose your PR status.
There are many different ways to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident: